Clinical Anatomy is focused on the study of gross anatomy, histology, neuroanatomy and embryology. It deals with the clinical application of anatomical disciplines. The program offers a broad range of fundamental courses including techniques of molecular biology, biostatics and research methodology. It is also research intensive and provides several basic science laboratory exercises as well as practical research experience in molecular biology, cell biology and medical education.
The MBS Clinical Anatomy stream has a number of important learning outcomes. By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate and provide feedback on effective pedagogical practices in higher education, specifically related to anatomical education.
- Demonstrate mastery of anatomical knowledge by professional communication and teaching skills that promote the integration and translation of the basic anatomical sciences to clinical applications, including the ability to work in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams.
- Design course curricula and evidence-based learning tools that stimulate interactive deep learning.
- Critically evaluate published literature and integrate broader knowledge from the fields of anatomical education, learning theory, and applied clinical anatomy in the context of their own research.
- Demonstrate creative, evidence-based problem-solving skills related to anatomical sciences and education scholarship.
- Exhibit technical and intellectual competence in the discovery-based research process by applying an existing body of knowledge to the rigorous scientific investigation of a new question or hypothesis.
- Explore, identify, and develop successful career trajectories both within and outside academia.
This MBS program is closely linked to the National Science Technology and Innovation Plan (NSTIP) that was created as a product of Science and Technology National Plan of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (STNP). The program was designed to adapt the approach of integrating and making maximum benefit from the varied research expertise and facilities available at the different Colleges of Alfaisal University.
The program is open to students with undergraduate degrees from biochemistry, biotechnology, life sciences, biology, pharmacy and medicine. Both Saudi and non-Saudi, as well as local and international students can apply.