In collaboration with the Centre for Complex Engineering Systems (CCES) at KACST (King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology) and MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
The mission of the M. S. in Engineering & Systems Management at Alfaisal University is to transform early to mid-career technical professionals into leaders in the analysis, modeling, improvement and design of complex data-intensive systems including those found in the manufacturing and supply chains, software and service industries with special emphasis on advanced career opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) approved two year M. S. in Engineering & Systems Management consists of thesis and courses-only options each with six core courses and an additional two and six elective courses respectively. Moreover, students choosing the courses-only option must complete a capstone project. The elective courses span the themes "Decision Analysis and Data Analytics", "Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management" as well as "Development of Cyber-Physical Systems, and it is moreover possible for students to choose some elective courses in any college at Alfaisal University subject to the approval of the program director.
This program is not an MBA; it is a technical master's degree focused on engineering, data science and computation. "Systems thinking" is an important part of the degree, whether applied to the improvement of existing systems and operations or the creation of new products and services. Personal engineering leadership development is a mandatory part of the program.
Duration: Two years (24 credits courses + 18 credit Thesis; or 36 credits courses + 6 credits Project).
Mission & Educational Objectives
- Mission: The mission of the M. Sc. program in Engineering Systems Management is to provide multi-disciplinary study and research opportunities for graduates, leading to enhanced career opportunities as well as the development of a knowledge-based society that will benefit the Kingdom and the world at large.
- Educational Objectives: Alfaisal University Master of Engineering & Systems Management (MEM) graduates are expected to attain the following program educational objectives (not necessarily all of them):
- Analyze, model, improve and design complex data- intensive systems including those found in the manufacturing and supply chains, software and service industries with special emphasis on advanced career opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Deploy their academic experience to conduct engineering management related research throughout their future professional and postgraduate studies.
- Employ engineering management gained analytical, communication and leadership skills for the advancement of the Saudi community and humanity at large.
and Study Plan
For more details, Check the Graduate Catalog (Page 85-86)
Tracks & Minors
For more details, Check the Graduate Catalog (Page 85, Track 1,2 and 3 Only)
Faculty & Staff
Check out our faculty
For more details, click on the below link