The Master of Clinical Psychology is offered academically by the College of Medicine in collaboration with King Fahad Medical City (KFMC) for the clinical aspect of the degree. The courses of the Master of Clinical Psychology are designed as an applied program and includes a research/capstone project. Most of the courses have a practical element which will be applied at the Mental Health Department of the National Neuroscience Institute in King Fahad Medical City.
Clinical psychology provides continuous, comprehensive, mental health care with interventions for individuals, families, groups as well as communities including:
- Intellectual, emotional, psychological, social and behavioral maladjustments
- Disability and discomfort
- Minor adjustment issues as well as severe psychopathology.
- Consultation for agencies and communities
- Training, education and supervision
- Research-based practice.
Be a leading program of international standards in Clinical Psychology through practical training, research, and innovation.
The Clinical Psychology program creates world-class applied and degree programs bridging theory and practice in clinical psychology field. The ultimate goal is to enable graduates to participate effectively in evaluating and treating psychological disturbances. In addition, to contribute practically in the research word to increases the effectiveness of prevention and therapy.
Goals and Objectives
- Qualify a national team capable of working in Hospitals, Health institutions, and markets.
- Participate in the development of clinical psychology profession
- Promote collaboration between Alfaisal University and King Fahad Medical City
The health sector is not the only field for clinical psychologist to work in. They can also work in:
- Community health
- Rehabilitation and long-term care centers
- Private practice
- Working with a group of other psychologists
- Schools, Colleges and Universities